Covid-19 - Our Approach
Last updated: 05/01/2021
NATIONAL LOCKDOWN UPDATE
Although healthcare appointments including Physiotherapy are able to operate during the national lockdown announced on the 4th Janury 2021, we again find ourselves in the unfortunate position of having to close some of our clinics for face to face appointments as many of our locations within gyms or leisure facilities are unable to open by law.
Any appointment scheduled within the following open clinics will remain in-clinic appointments, following a virtual first approach:
Bow Road / Brent Cross / Dartford / Palmers Green / Tooting.
If you would prefer to transfer care into our award-winning virtual service then please contact us.
Please DO NOT attend any scheduled in-clinic appointments from the 21st December 2020 at the following clinics due to Covid-19 restricted closures:
Camberwell / Chingford / Coulsdon / Dagenham / Eltham / Gillette Corner / Heathrow / Luton / Medway / Portsmouth / Ruislip / Sutton / Wembley / Wimbledon.
Thank you for your ongoing co-operation.
Covid-19 - We are taking these extra measures to ensure a clean and safe clinical environment
Limited Clinic Occupancy
Observe Social Distancing
Face Coverings must be worn
Continuous Deep Cleaning
Covid-19 - Frequently asked questions
Is it safe to reopen clinics?
What pre-appointment screening measures are Rehabplus taking before patients attend for face to face treatment within a clinic?
What in-clinic measures are Rehabplus taking?
How can Rehabplus be sure that Physiotherapists do not have Covid-19?
What happens if a patient starts displaying symptoms ahead of a booked session?
Every patient must pass a risk assessment prior to booking. Our criteria for face to face sessions are:
> A condition that will not respond to remote physiotherapy (a nerve problem, pain that is not easing with exercise alone, where an accurate diagnosis will not be possible via video).
Do I need a face covering at my appointment?
Our treating clinicians will be wearing PPE including: Surgical masks, gloves and an apron. We request that you bring your own face covering when attending any face to face appointment to ensure everyones safety.
Covid-19 - Face to Face Patient - Arrival Information
We have been working hard to ensure your safety during the Covid-19 Pandemic. As part of that process we have introduced some new measures for how patients arrive and enter any of our clinics.
Please note the following information:
Ahead of your appointment:
Ahead of any face to face appointment you will require a virtual appointment to ascertain whether it is necessary to proceed with face to face treatment within a Rehabplus Clinic. If it is deemed necessary to complete treatment face to face then you will be asked to completed the following questionnaire on booking with a member of our team. Should you wish to complete the screening online please click here.
Arrive for your appointment just before the allotted time.
Should you prefer to wait in your vehicle ahead of the consultation and be called into the clinic when it is clear then please inform our bookings team at the point of booking. The physiotherapist will call you when it is ok to enter the clinic room.
Please either use your own hand sanitiser or the hand sanitiser located in the clinic room when you enter.
- Please bring a face mask or covering with you and wear it at all times unless otherwise advise by the Physiotherapist. If you do not have a face mask you will be provided a face mask by the Physiotherapist but a charge may be applicable.
- Please respect social distancing were possible.
- Please do not wear gloves as you will be asked to remove these. We have hand washing facilities and sanitiser for you to use.
During your appointment:
- During your session you will be required to wear a face covering.
- Social distancing of 1m+ will be maintained where possible e.g. when talking
- You should be aware that the nature of physiotherapy assessment and treatment will require close contact and hands on engagement at times. Where possible we will keep such time limited to under 15 minutes.
- Your therapist will wear the following PPE during your consultation – Apron, Face mask, Gloves for hands on assessment
- Please avoid bringing unnecessary belongings to appointments such as bags.
- Try to come to appointments unaccompanied. If you require a chaperone please note that they will be required to give contact details and complete pre-screening assessment in case information needs to be given to Test and Trace services.
- Toilet facilities are available based on local facilities at the clinic. We would encourage you to use your own at home before or after your session.
- Any private patient payments can be made via our bookings team on 01329 755 755 prior to your appointment.
- Whilst we would normally love for you to stay and chat following your appointment right now we must try to reduce the time spent in clinic and also avoid crossing over with other patients, therefore we ask that you exit promptly.
- Please use hand sanitiser as you exit
Measures we have put in place:
- Additional hand sanitiser for clients and staff
- Enhanced cleaning policy
- The use of PPE for all clinical staff including additional training
- Monitoring of staff for symptoms of Covid-19
- Screening of all clients and visitors for risk of or symptoms of Covid-19
- Removed all soft furnishings in clinic rooms and replaced with single use paper towels
- 5 minute time window between each client for clinic room cleaning, airing and sanitisation process
- Removed all reading material from the waiting area
- Complete the pre-assessment screening
- Make sure you have a face mask or covering suitable to wear for the session
- Ensure you understand the new entry process
- Ensure you do not have any symptoms of Covid-19 or should not be shielding or isolating